- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 53081
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Analytics Software Department develops data analysis pipelines, tools and platforms to enable the full exploitation of historical and streaming data sets for a variety of civil and national security space customers. Do you want to develop data analytics platforms and do innovative work on the open-source data processing frameworks with the ability to intelligently scale? Join us on the Analytics Software Department team in The Aerospace Corporation!
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments typically have specified objectives.
- Contacts are primarily internal, with infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Works on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable and distributed software systems that require research, awareness, and interactivity.
- Quickly learns new technical skills to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a recognized institution
- Minimum of two (2) year of industry-related experience
- Experience in building systems using at least two different languages: Java, Python and other programming languages
- Design of highly scalable web services and distributed systems
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Experience working with open-source data analytics/data pipeline frameworks in the Apache ecosystem.
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Present project updates to management in order to ensure that project development remains aligned with management vision
- Must work well in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Master's degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related fields
- Experience in leading software development teams
- Experience in microservice architectures and development
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, or time-series databases
- Experience with data visualization frameworks or development
- Experience with cloud deployment and management tools
- Active Secret security clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Database, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top