Data Center Network Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Responsible for designing and implementing classified and unclassified Enterprise Data Center Network
Infrastructures in an all Cisco environment. The Aerospace Corporation's enterprise networks span
24 sites with primary locations in El Segundo, CA; Chantilly, VA; and Colorado Springs, CO. You
will be directly responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining a Cisco SDN environment providing secure connectivity to enterprise and technical compute servers and storage. Collaborates with external DoD IT organizations and commercial IT organizations to provide secure connectivity in support of our users and customers. Designs and implements secure, reliable links to cloud providers such as AWS Gov Cloud and Azure Gov Cloud. Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity, and Objectivity.
- Designs and implements high availability, scalable data center networks based on Cisco SDN Technology.
- Develops secure network segments using Cisco Firepower Firewalls, Cisco ASA Firewalls and other Cisco Network Security products.
- Configures and implements Cisco Stealthwatch security.
- Performs setup, configuration and testing of each design in our Dev-Op lab located in El Segundo.
- Coordinates with network staff on implementation tasks and schedule, meeting any specific deadlines as needed.
- Interfaces with user community to understand their internal and external connectivity needs and works to develop design, implementation costs and annual operations costs.
- Helps to develop Network Services Department fiscal year budget requests for capital, overhead and maintenance.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of extensive experience with all aspects of an enterprise CONUS network
- Expertise in Cisco ACI technology & network automation
- Expert experience with Cisco Nexus Data Center switches
- Extensive experience with firewall theory and configuration.
- Extensive experience with Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls
- Experience with Cisco DNA
- Comp TIA Security+ CE or CISSP
- Must work will in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self initiate activities and to work with timelines
- Must possess time management and project management skills
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills
- SECRET clearance, or ability to obtain and maintain one
- 15 or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Cisco CCIE Data Center
- Cisco CCNP Data Center
- Able to work in an agile environment (JIRA)
- TS/SSBI clearance
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top