Data Analytics Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 40244
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Analytics Software Department is looking to hire a Data Analytics Software Engineer! We're a newly-formed department with the purpose of understanding and prototyping modern, distributed data processing and visualization systems. Our goal is to be the premier department within Aerospace for prototyping new analytics technologies using data pipelines, processing, storage, and visualization systems. Our department is distributed between our El Segundo, CA and Chantilly, VA locations where we provide technical support and expertise for a variety of government customers. If you have the skill and talent to be one of the best, then we encourage you to apply!
- Support a variety of projects involving rapid software prototyping using our Cloud Technologies Lab (CTL)
- Researching, deploying, and evaluating new data analytics technologies
- Provide recommendations to our customers on the utility of various software technologies based on current and prior research and prototyping experience
- Support the department's technology research roadmap for future research and evaluation activities
- Periodically prepare and present outbriefings to internal and external customers on the results of research and evaluation testing
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- 2 or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering/scientific experience (consideration for experience will be given to those with an advanced degree)
- Proficiency in software languages such as Python or Java
- Experience using version control software such as Subversion or Git/Atlassian Suite (JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket)
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience developing ground-based Command & Control/Data Processing systems is preferred
- Experience with using software container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Designing, developing, and/or using NoSQL database systems such as Elasticsearch or Redis
- Creating and/or using Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) systems such as Apache NiFi
- Exposure developing systems using commercial cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus
- Front-end web development experience for data visualization is a plus
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Database, Developer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top