Data Analytics Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Analytics Software Department develops data analysis pipelines, tools and platforms to enable the full exploitation of historical and streaming data sets for a variety of civil and national security space customers. Do you want to develop data analytics platforms and do innovative work on the open-source data processing frameworks with the ability to intelligently scale? Join us on the Analytics Software Department team in The Aerospace Corporation!
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments typically have specified objectives.
- Contacts are primarily internal, with infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Works on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable and distributed software systems that require research, awareness, and interactivity.
- Quickly learns new technical skills to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Eight (8) or more years of relevant work experience in software development. An advanced degree might be used in lieu of working experience.
- Present project updates to management to ensure that project development remains aligned with management's vision
- Experience working with data analytics tools and reporting platforms
- Experience working with data streaming/movement technologies gRPC, Kafka, or Nifi
- Experience working with open-source data analytics/data pipeline frameworks in the Apache ecosystem.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Master's degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related fields
- Experience in leading software development teams
- Knowledge of data analytics tools for data pipelines, cloud storages, and interactive visualization dashboards
- Knowledge of developing cloud-native applications
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top