Cyber Security Engineer
Requisition ID: 42525
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); Greenbelt, MD (Maryland)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace's Cyber Engineering Department is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join their team! This role can sit in Chantilly, VA or Greenbelt, MD.
- Support the GPS User Equipment, Information Assurance Working Group (IAWG) of the Functional Security Engineering (FSE) Team.
- Participate in team meetings and support security evaluation activities of developers of GPS M-Code/Y-Code user equipment and development of requirements and documents to facilitate the security certification process.
- Evaluator responsibilities include review, comment generation, and comment resolution of contractor derived requirements, system documentation, design documentation, interface documentation, implementation, test plans and procedures, and test setup.
- Evaluators must support frequent telecons, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), design reviews, and test witnessing activities.
- This position will require occassional local travel, including driving. A valid US driver's license is required for this purpose.
- BS in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or other technical area of study)
- 8 or more years of experience in performing security evaluation, certification, assessment and authorization, accreditation, approval activities
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (separation kernels, embedded systems), including interactions with hardware (understanding device drivers) and applications
- Intermediate level familiarity with common programming languages (e.g., C and assembly)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance issued by the U.S. Government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Ability to travel (CONUS) 25% of the time and spend up to two weeks at a time at a contractor facility.
- Valid US driver's license
- Knowledge of processor architectures, instruction sets for processor, low-level processor (microcode) and memory access operations is a plus
- Advanced technical degree (MS in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- Experience in requirements development
- Experience in secure architecture and design principles such as domain separation - including red/black separation
- Basic familiarity with scripting languages (e.g., Python, perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of Test & Evaluation processes
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Cybersecurity certifications (i.e. CISSP)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An inquisitive nature and a thirst for uncovering system flaws
- Work well with contractors, developers, and Government customers
- Ability to meet deadlines
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Cyber Security, Engineering, Security
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top