Cyber Security Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 48021
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); Greenbelt, MD (Maryland)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Cyber Defense Solutions Department is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to help design, implement, assess and deploy cyber solutions that defend our nation's most valuable assets in space. We support a variety of customers including the Space Missile Center (SMC), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and other civil customers (e.g. NASA), and they all face incredible challenges in protecting their ground networks and satellite systems. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer with penetration testing experience who enjoys solving real-world security problems and is interested in enhancing their expertise in network/cloud security, data protection, software security and space systems.
This role can be located in Greenbelt, MD or Chantilly, VA
- Plan and execute security assessments on systems and applications of varied architecture and scale
- Assist in identifying mitigations and designing plans of correction for discovered vulnerabilities
- Develop custom, security focused tools and scripts
- Perform research and lead teams in the areas of software, hardware and cloud security
- Supply expertise at technical exchange meetings, reviews and briefings to Aerospace, customer and contractor personnel
- B.S or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical area of study
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance issued by the U.S government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Less than a year or more of experience conducting white, black and/or gray box penetration tests
- Proficient with commonly used pen-test environments and tools, including: Kali, Metasploit, Nessus, nmap and Retina
- Familiarity with hardening *nix and Windows systems
- Network and web-related protocol knowledge (TCP/IP, IPSEC, HTTP/S, routing protocols)
- Advanced technical degree
- Experience with space systems, including familiarity with space, ground and user segments, as well as legacy software
- Familiarity with SIEM solutions such as SPLUNK and LogRhythm
- Experience conducting security focused source code review and analysis, using tools like HP Fortify and Checkmarx
- Experience securing cloud native applications
- Familiarity with implementing the NIST Risk Management Framework
- Experience with Agile methodology and team collaboration tools
- Certifications: OSCP, CEH, CISSP, Security+
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Cyber Security, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Security, Engineering, Technology
Back to top