Cyber and Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 42046
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Cyber and Systems Engineer located in El Segundo, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Cyber Acquisition and Validation Department. The Cyber Acquisition and Validation Department provide expertise in policy, assessment, integration, research and technology to address cyber threats through cybersecurity techniques and processes, threat and vulnerability assessments, active countermeasures, and cyber resiliency.
- Help to define system, cyber and resiliency requirements, architecture and processes for space systems
- Understand and mitigate the security vulnerabilities in various SW, HW, network and system designs and architectures
- Identify and work to mitigate risks to space programs and across program boundaries
- Develop prototypes to demonstrate various cybersecurity vulnerabilities
- Perform research in the areas of cybersecurity of standalone, networked and RF systems
- B.S. in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Two or more years of professional experience
- Proficiency in software development, networking and/or firmware development with a focus on cybersecurity
- Knowledge in the design and implementation of cybersecurity defenses for systems.
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Active security clearance
- Experience with commercial and open source tools such as Splunk, Wireshark, Fortify, Checkmarx or similar tools
- Experience in designing and implementing cybersecurity defenses for systems
- Experience with networking and/or RF lab equipment
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Firmware, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
Back to top