CubeSat & Payload Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 53561
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Digital Electronics and Electromagnetics Department is seeking an engineer interested in developing cubesats and payloads focused on RF missions. The department has extensive prototyping and proof of concept development capabilities for RF and signals applications. A long history of department projects have included antennas, RF electronics and high speed signal processing. The department is expanding in to the realm of cubesat payload development. In the near term, this will involve internal research and development funds to create breadboard, brassboard, and ultimately flight payloads. The work will involve concept development, design, assembly, and test stages for cubesat payloads. This posting is targeted toward an engineer with cubesat experience that has background/knowledge in either RF or digital signal processing that would enjoy the challenge of developing unique RF payloads for the size, weight, and power constrained vehicles that are cubesats.
- Lead efforts to design, build, test and integrate cubesat RF payloads from breadboard to flight hardware
- Guide simulation and testing of payload breadboards / prototypes
- Develop system requirements, interfaces and testing plans
- Execute internal funds to define missions, develop requirements and build payloads
- Interface with the customer to both define potential missions of interest as well as guide them in ongoing cubesat efforts
- Guide a team of engineers in the designing, building and testing of various payload functions
- Provide system engineering at the mission and payload levels
- Propose future concepts for payload development
- Provide subject matter expertise to the customer in the area of cubesats and cubesat RF payloads
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering, computer engineering, aerospace engineering, physics or another related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience post-bachelor degree (graduate school counts as experience).
- Experience working with and planning tests that use RF chambers or environmental testing equipment such as temperature chambers, vacuum chambers or shake tables.
- Experience as the primary engineer on prototyping effort at the brassboard level or managing testing facility (RF chamber or environmental testing).
- Experience as an engineer responsible for the construction and testing of a prototype or testing facility.
- Experience leading a team of engineers in prototyping efforts or operation of a testing facility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in the area of CubeSats, digital signal processing or RF/antennas.
- Current and active clearance from the Department of Defense.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top