Cost & Schedule Analyst
Requisition ID: 40254
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for a Cost & Schedule Analyst. The qualified candidate will become part of the Integrated Cost and Schedule Analysis (iCASA) Department. iCASA resides in the Systems Engineering Division and conducts highly informative cost and schedule assessments, trade studies and estimates for a wide variety of government and commercial space, ground, and launch systems.
- Provide research and analysis of cost, schedule and technical data to support the government in the procurement of cost-effective space systems for a wide customer base: DoD, Civil and Commercial, and the Intelligence Community.
- Lead support to space and/or ground acquisition program offices, cost groups, and independent review teams in a wide range of programmatic and technical analyses, with emphasis in the following areas: cost and schedule data collection, cost analysis and estimation, cost risk analysis, cost research, schedule analysis and estimation, schedule risk assessment, cost engineering, and programmatic studies.
- Specific activities may include: cost-benefit analysis; support to engineering trade studies; program technical baseline development support; program office estimates; independent estimates; peer reviews of estimates; data normalization; database and model development for in-house tools; and proposal evaluation support
- Candidates must be able to work and communicate effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, react quickly to changing requirements and schedules
- Candidates must be able to think critically and work effectively to synthesize information from multiple sources
- Mentor junior level staff charged with similar duties
- Travel when required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience including, knowledge of space and launch systems; ground systems knowledge highly desirable
- Strong foundations of statistical techniques including probability, regression, correlation, and basic statistical inference
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current TS/SCI
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science, or related field
- Experience with schedule modeling and simulation and advanced programming skills
- Experience developing and maintaining MS Project schedules and conducting schedule risk assessments; familiarity with industry schedule models, methodologies, and schedule databases
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Top Secret Clearance, TS / SCI, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top