Cost & Schedule Analyst
Requisition ID: 41421
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for an entry-level, early career Cost & Schedule Analyst. The qualified candidate will become part of the Integrated Cost and Schedule Analysis (iCASA) Department. iCASA resides in the Systems Engineering Division and conducts highly informative cost and schedule assessments, cost research, and engineering studies for the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and Civil and Commercial customers.
- Participate in cost and economic analyses that include parametric cost estimating, analysis of alternatives, cost-benefit analyses, cost and schedule risk analysis, life cycle cost analysis, software cost estimation, and engineering studies
- Participate in cost research and data collection activities. Support senior staff in defining, and capturing technical, schedule, and programmatic data for various missions. Other duties will include synthesizing data and applying statistical techniques to establish cost and schedule estimating relationships.
- Support space, launch, and ground system schedule risk assessments. Help identify schedule risks, issues, interdependencies, disconnects, conflicts, and schedule slip.
- Participate in Concept Design Center studies and support senior staff in the development and maintenance of internal cost/schedule models and data repositories.
- Support senior staff in pre-project support and the creation of technical reports and briefings
- Travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science, or related field
- 0-1 year of relevant industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and work/communicate effectively as part of a team
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science, or related field is preferred
- Current TS/SCI clearance preferred
- Advanced programming skills and knowledge of space, launch, or ground systems is highly desirable; a solid foundation in statistical techniques is preferred
- Familiarity with industry cost and schedule models and standard risk assessment methodologies
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MTS-ASSOCIATE
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Military Intelligence, Systems Engineer, Secret Clearance, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top