Content Strategy Associate Manager
Requisition ID: 43263
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Position will support Content Strategy Manager in overseeing and producing articles, stories, reports, collateral materials, and other content, while coordinating with other departments such as Photo, Video, and Graphics and working to align the content with overall corporate communication strategy.
- Writes articles and stories in journalism style, with a heavy emphasis on stories about complex technical science and engineering subjects written for a non-technical audience.
- Tailors messaging to align with corporate communication strategy for a variety of audiences and channels. Works both hands-on and as a team coordinator.
- Develops and implements process improvements to accommodate an increasing volume of products and pace of development without compromising on quality.
- Consults with staff at all levels throughout the organization to determine appropriate communication strategies and tactics to achieve desired outcomes.
- Contributes creative ideas for message delivery using innovative channels/technology.
- Runs the Content Strategy Team in the absence of the Content Strategy Manager
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Typically 10 or more years prior work experience as a publication editor, manager, and writer with at least 5 years of experience supervising writers and editors.
- Prior work experience in a corporate, or government, environment.
- Experience with and the application of concepts and practices in communications, public relations, marketing, and journalism as well as experience with a wide variety of channels (print, web, broadcast, social media, etc.) highly desirable.
- Requires hands-on knowledge of and experience with a variety of content management tools and web platforms.
- Familiarity with the national security, space, government, and/or military communities is desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, project management skills, and a strong customer service mindset.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and effectively prioritize tasks that may change multiple times during a day.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Strategy, Aviation, Science, Technology
Back to top