Conference & Events Specialist III
Requisition ID: 44192
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Conference and Events Specialist will be responsible for the planning and coordination of workshops, conferences, industry trade shows, and other corporate events. Ensures events accomplish corporate objectives and stay within budget. Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity, and Innovation.
- Plans, coordinates and executes corporate events including workshops, conferences, and trade shows as well as employee functions.
- Works with vendors to arrange equipment rentals and labor services.
- Manages contractual obligations with event venues
- Manages venue logistics with onsite facilities staff as well as offsite venues including room set up, audio visual, catering, security and event staff.
- Works with graphics department on display and other printed materials.
- Creates reports to monitor timelines, deliverables, and attendance.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in the event management field.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in event organization
- Ability to track and manage multiple project deliverables and timelines simultaneously
- Vendor negotiation and management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. This is issued by the US Government. A US citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's Degree, or 3 or more years of relevant experience with Master's Degree
- Customer service orientation
- Work well in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : CONF & EVENTS SPEC III
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Secret Clearance, Aerospace, Laboratory, Security Clearance, Quality Assurance, Government, Aviation, Science, Technology
Back to top