Computer Vision Specialist
Requisition ID: 46783
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Department seeks a creative and enthusiastic Computer Vision Specialist to join a diverse team of engineers, data scientists, and programmers with a passion for machine and deep learning, data analytics, natural language processing, statistical analysis, and computer vision. We are a growing, innovative, and collaborative department that makes meaningful contributions to National Security Space (AF, NRO, etc.), and Civil and Commercial customers (NASA, MDA, DHS, etc.).
The ideal candidate has deep expertise in Computer Vision and experience with one or more of the following disciplines: Applied or Theoretical Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Classification Systems, Clustering, Natural Language Processing, and Artificial intelligence. They are also team-oriented, take initiative, focused on developing cutting-edge technologies and frameworks, and are comfortable balancing a variety of projects spanning internally funded research and development to direct customer support for mission-critical space systems.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineers and subject matter experts to identify opportunities and implement improvements to processes using computer vision and machine learning techniques
- Contribute to the Computer Vision and Space-based applications research community through publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at conferences
- Be a champion of AI and Machine/Deep Learning by fostering relationships and collaborative opportunities throughout the corporation and external peer organizations in the interest of National Security Space
- Solve difficult and non-routine image/signal processing problems while prototyping and building machine learning tools and pipelines
- Build and lead high-functioning teams of data scientists, machine learning engineers and software developers
This position is available as a Sr. Computer Vision Staff or Computer Vision Specialist
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and strong knowledge of machine learning
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Fluency in at least one programing language (C++, Java, or similar) and one scripting language (Python, Julia, R, or similar)
- Familiarity with a broad set of supervised and unsupervised ML-based solutions to image or signal processing
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving skills, and experience with fast prototyping of a minimum viable product
- Experience effectively working with and/or leading data science or software teams
- Produced at least one publication in a field relating to computer vision accepted to a peer-reviewed journal
- Delivered at least one talk or presentation at a well-regarded academic conference in a field relating to computer vision
Requiered for Sr. Computer Vision Staff
- Typically, five or more years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia
Requiered for Computer Vision Specialist
- Typically, eight or more years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and strong knowledge of machine learning
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Strong programming skills utilizing Scikit-learn, OpenCV, Keras and/or Tensorflow libraries
- Experience with statistical modeling tools (R, Python, Octave/Matlab, etc..)
- Experience in image processing, to include traditional statistical methods and feature extraction approaches
- Experience in signal processing
- Experience with statistical tests, distributions, maximum likelihood estimators, etc...
- Experience in implementing real-time machine learning and computer vision algorithms in large scale environments
- Participation in extracurricular activities related to data science (e.g. Kaggle competitions)
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title:MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: None
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Aerospace, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Aviation, Government
Back to top