Computer Science / Cyber-security, 2019 Graduate Intern
Requisition ID: 43085
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado); El Segundo, CA (California); Greenbelt, MD (Maryland)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking Computer Science, Engineering, and Cyber Security graduate students for an internship opportunity. The position will be located in either El Segundo, CA., Chantilly, VA., Greenbelt, MD, or Colorado Springs, CO.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Information Systems and Cyber Division (ISCD), and should have an interest in research as it pertains to cyber engineering or cyber security.
- Work in Lab environments to prototype new and emerging capabilities
- Develop and test cyber offensive and defensive technologies
- Participates with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners.
- Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks.
- Training and mentorship will be provided.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or Cyber Security program
- Understanding of Windows systems and security controls
- Experience with Unix based systems
- Experienced with virtualization and cloud environments
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Strongly driven by learning new technologies.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with any of the following technology areas:
- Satellite communications
- Network Traffic Analysis: Wireshark, Burp Suite, Paros, iNetSim
- Snort and YARA signatures.
- Memory Forensics: Volatility
- Operating system internals and Windows APIs.
- Data Encryption and Decryption
- Malware Analysis (Behavioral and Static)
- Anti-Reverse Engineering Techniques
- Exploit Kits
- Malware Analysis Automation
- Virtualized Environments
- Common Criteria
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work closely with and collaborate with other security/IT professionals and interns to develop incident response plans and procedures.
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a high-demand environment.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross-functional technical teams in a professional manner.
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Active security clearance
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations, leading small groups, etc.
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
- Software design, development, unit testing and integration experience
- Participation in extracurricular activities related to assignment
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation's independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems. Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Employment Type: Intern
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Computer Science, Engineer, Electrical, Temporary, Technology, Security, Engineering, Contract
Back to top