Component Analysis and Test Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 47028
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Component Analysis and Test Engineering Manager to join the Structural Mechanics Subdivision. The position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will provide direction and coordination for the activities of subordinate staff. Coordinates organization activities and operations with supervisor and counterpart organizations and participates in the day-to-day accomplishment of the organization's tasks.
- Provide technical leadership to the Component Analysis and Test Section to develop, maintain, and apply organizational expertise for independent structural analysis, testing and assessment of spacecraft and launch vehicle electronic hardware and components.
- Coordinate with management, program offices, customers, and contractors to ensure proper development and implementation of environmental test programs, and the assessment and mitigation of issues related to structural analysis, life test evaluation or specification, and reliability assessments.
- Identify, develop and maintain advanced techniques, tools, and skills required for future section technical activities.
- Administer task planning, schedule, and labor estimates for proposed technical work assignments. Advise management of resources needs and capabilities; provide inputs for budgetary planning. Review section work products to ensure technical accuracy and timeliness.
- Conduct line management functions including staffing, mentoring, performing administrative duties, and promote awareness of, and compliance with, policies and practices. Conduct performance reviews, recommend performance improvements, career development, and promotional actions.
- Direct section contributions to develop, assess, enhance and maintain test requirements standards and user guides; lead-related studies; and provide tailoring of requirements to specific flight systems, and risk assessments.
- Initiate and manage project teams in multi-discipline collaborative work; identify and pursue opportunities for additional, expanded new business; and foster strengthened relationships with academia, industry, government and other customers.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical disciplines
- Demonstrated strong technical leadership skills and familiarity with structural analysis and environmental testing of electronic hardware and components.
- Previous experience with life test evaluation or specification, and reliability assessments.
- Active TS/SCI clearance or have the ability to maintain and obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Advanced degree in a mechanical engineering technical discipline highly desirable
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Demonstrated ability to build interdisciplinary teams, both external (contractors) and internal (program office, customer, cross-discipline), and foster effective interpersonal relationships with management, peers, program offices, customers, and industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Test Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Aviation, Science
Back to top