Communications System Lead
Requisition ID: 48483
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Special Programs Division (SPD) supports our USAF customer, the Special Programs Directorate, in the development, delivery, operations, and sustainment of unrivaled space control capabilities to guarantee space superiority for our nation. While executing this important and exciting mission area, SPD seeks your expertise and is committed to be a diverse and inclusive organization that offers opportunity for professional development and personal growth for all of our staff members.
This position is to provide mission assurance for systems and mission engineering for a program that has on-going operational and acquisition phases; provide technical support and contractor oversight for all phases of system development; lead matrixed engineering support staff as required; inform decisions related to acquisition and mission planning; keep corporate and customer management informed of activities; and support mission assurance activities and corporate reviews.
- Systems engineering and technical support for communicaitons system acquisition, development, deployment, and sustainment
- Work directly with government customers and contractors to provide technical support to system requirements, design, test, interfaces, and risk management
- Lead application of mission assurance standards and risk assessment processes in support of risk mitigation activities using best practices, analysis methods and associated tools
- Assist with on-orbit anomaly resolution, if necessary
- Extensive travel is required during critical phases of effort
- 12 or more years of experience that includes satellite development experience
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related technical discipline
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision and interact effectively with the Air Force, SETAs, other FFRDCs, and contractor personnel in a program office or equivalent environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate risks; and analyze systems interfaces
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time required
- Current Top Secret SCI clearance with SSBI
- Ability to obtain other clearances and pass counterintelligence polygraph
- Possess clear oral and written communication acumen as well as strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Communications system development and sustainment experience
- Demonstrated experience with executing the Aerospace Corporate Mission Assurance Process
- Advanced Electrical Engineering or related degree or licensed Professional Engineer Systems Engineering experience (requirements, development, test)
- Familiarity with counterspace activities
- Current additional clearances
- Advanced technical degree
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Technology, Aviation
Back to top