Communications System Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Communication Payload Command & Telemetry Department provides technical leadership and expertise in the areas of spacecraft communication payloads, navigation payloads, and Telemetry, Tracking and Commanding Systems. The qualified candidate must work well in a team environment while having strong written and oral communication skills. The qualified candidate will possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills. The candidate must have demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs. We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a series of engineering tasks under supervision and guidance
- Support quick-turnaround conceptual design and advanced architecture studies for various government, civil and commercial communication and navigation systems.
- Researchcutting edge communication system and technologyto enhance product features, reliability, and performance.
- Support communication system and link analyses, detailed system hardware architecture trade studies and technology evaluations
- Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and colleagues
- Support program design reviews, integration & test phases, spacecraft launch, and in-orbit check-out
- Participate withinterdisciplinary teams in ongoing research or technical programs with other departments
- Training and mentorship will be provided.
- Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering,Computer Engineering or another related discipline
- Minimum of 1 - 4 years relevant experience after obtaining Bachelors(time spent obtaining an advanced degree counts toward this)
- Technical understanding of communication systems and communications architecture design
- Proven analysis, problem-solving and tool development skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, and MATLAB
- Strong analysis, problem-solving skills both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the US Government (US citizenship is required)
- Current and active clearance issued by the US Government
- Master's degree in engineering or another related field
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top