Communications Engineer Software Developer (AMTS)
Requisition ID: 42966
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking for an early career Communication Architectures Engineer within the Communications Architectures Department. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
- Provide systems engineering expertise for space and terrestrial communication architectures
- Provide technical analysis and develop simulations tools to assess communication system performance and developing the next generation of communication architectures requirements
- Assess the performance of satellite and ground systems, communications links, and wireless network protocols
- Perform radio frequency interference analysis between communication systems to promote spectrum sharing and spectrum contention issues
- Provide analysis and evaluations of national and international space policy activities
- Survey and identify trends in spectrum usage and develop new communication architectures and concepts
- Present technical and project status briefings to management and customers
- Travel to customer facilities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical engineering or related field
- Minimum of 0 - 1 years relevant experience
- Background in Digital Communications Systems theory
- Experience with Matlab, Python or similar software
- Active, or able to acquire, Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
- Strong analysis, problem solving skills and tool development both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral, communication skills
- Able to apply skills in both spectrum management and communication architectures
- Ability to travel
- Master's Degree or PhD in engineering or related field
- Theoretical understanding in modern space and terrestrial (4G, 5G LTE) communications
- Strong software skills and tool development
- Able to work and learn new concepts that go beyond communications engineering
- Ability to work on Communication Space Policy activities
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Network, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top