Communication Systems Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Communication Systems Engineer within the Communications and Signal Analysis Department in Chantilly, VA. The successful candidate will support space systems communications engineering, development and integration activities, and frequently includes research, development and in-depth engineering and analysis support to our customers, such as communication systems analysis, modeling and simulation of diverse end-to-end systems. Opportunities also exist to support unique signal processing applications, such as signal exploitation, receiver signal processing and satellite-based geolocation. Do you have a passion for technical excellence and innovation? Successful innovators and motivated contributors reap great rewards at Aerospace.
- Evaluate and develop communications or signal processing engineering technologies.
- Analyze and simulate complex communications, signal-processing, or networking systems.
- The areas of responsibility will primarily be in analysis and simulation, but knowledge of practical hardware limitations is necessary.
- Represent the department and sub-division with technical presentations, oversee existing projects, and the ability to work effectively with our customers.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience in progressively more responsible roles.
- Experience with systems engineering support in space and ground network systems.
- Experience in communications system analysis and simulation.
- Must have strong teamwork, organizational, and customer relations skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain this level of security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding state-of-the-art communications and signal-processing techniques.
- Experience with digital-signal-processing analysis and simulation.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, modern commercial wireless standards and protocols.
- Ability to resolve communication issues associated with various systems.
- Specific experience in the following areas:
- Channel Modeling
- Wideband Receivers and Synchronization
- Link Analysis
- Practical hardware limitations and distortion effects
- Satellite-based geolocation
- Effective communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Current and active TS/SSBI.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top