Communication Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 47219
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Communication Systems Engineer within the Communications and Signal Analysis Department in Chantilly, VA. The successful candidate will support space systems communications engineering, development and integration activities, and frequently includes research, development and in-depth engineering and analysis support to our customers, such as communication systems analysis, modeling and simulation of diverse end-to-end systems. Opportunities also exist to support unique signal processing applications, such as signal exploitation, receiver signal processing and satellite-based geolocation. Do you have a passion for technical excellence and innovation? Successful innovators and motivated contributors reap great rewards at Aerospace.
- Evaluate and develop communications or signal processing engineering technologies.
- Analyze and simulate complex communications, signal-processing, or networking systems.
- The areas of responsibility will primarily be in analysis and simulation, but knowledge of practical hardware limitations is necessary.
- Represent the department and sub-division with technical presentations, oversee existing projects, and the ability to work effectively with our customers.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience in progressively more responsible roles.
- Experience with systems engineering support in space and ground network systems.
- Experience in communications system analysis and simulation.
- Must have strong teamwork, organizational, and customer relations skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain this level of security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding state-of-the-art communications and signal-processing techniques.
- Experience with digital-signal-processing analysis and simulation.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, modern commercial wireless standards and protocols.
- Ability to resolve communication issues associated with various systems.
- Specific experience in the following areas:
- Channel Modeling
- Wideband Receivers and Synchronization
- Link Analysis
- Practical hardware limitations and distortion effects
- Satellite-based geolocation
- Effective communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Current and active TS/SSBI.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, R&D Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top