Communication Payload Engineer
Requisition ID: 43462
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is hiring an entry-level, Communication Payload Engineer. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The Comm Payload Command & Telemetry Department provides technical leadership and expertise in the areas of spacecraft communication payloads, navigation payloads, and Telemetry, Tracking and Commanding Systems. The qualified candidate must work well in a team environment while having strong written and oral communication skills. The qualified candidate will possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills. The candidate must have demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs. We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a series of engineering tasks under supervision and guidance
- Support quick-turnaround conceptual design and advanced architecture studies for various government, civil and commercial communication and navigation systems.
- Research cutting-edge communication system and technology to enhance product features, reliability, and performance.
- Support communication system and link analyses, detailed system hardware architecture trade studies and technology evaluations
- Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and colleagues
- Support program design reviews, integration & test phases, spacecraft launch, and in-orbit check-out
- Participate with interdisciplinary teams in ongoing research or technical programs with other departments
- Training and mentorship will be provided.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or another related discipline
- 0-1 year of industry related experience
- Technical understanding of communication systems and communications architecture design
- Proven analysis, problem-solving and tool development skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, and MATLAB
- Strong analysis, problem-solving skills both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the US Government (US citizenship is required)
- Current and active clearance issued by the US Government
- Master's degree in engineering or another related field
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Engineer, Secret Clearance, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government
Back to top