Communication Architectures Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 51981
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Our Communication Architectures Department performs trade studies, analyses, and simulations to optimize the overall communications performance of terrestrial, satellite, launch vehicle, and ground based systems. We are seeking a Communication Architectures Engineer that can work in communication systems for both satellite and terrestrial applications. Our multidisciplinary staff defines the architectures to ensure cutting edge, state of the art high performance communications and coordinates the activities of related engineering specialties to ensure mission objectives are achieved. Join us on the leading edge of communication systems and architectures development.
- Development and assessment of communication payloads, terminals, and satellite enterprise systems
- Provide technical analysis and technical leadership to develop the next generation of communication architectures and requirements
- Design, analyze, and simulate space and terrestrial communication system architectures and create communication analysis tools
- Develop and assess the performance of satellite and ground systems, communications links, signal processing algorithms, and wireless network protocols
- Survey and identify trends to develop ground-breaking communication architectures and concept
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Provide independent technical leadership, mentorship, and direction to less experienced staff
- Coordinate tasks and participate in technical meetings with SMC, NRO, Navy, NOAA, NASA, and Civil & Commercial program office representatives
- Present technical and project status briefings to management and customers
- Travel to customer facilities
- Degree from an accredited university in engineering or science
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Capability to obtain Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
- Demonstrated ability to architect, design, analyze satellite communication architectures, corresponding specifications, interface control documents, and terminal planning constraints
- Strong background in communication systems, architectures, and networks
- Demonstrated ability to optimize architectures based on analysis, system design, coding, modulation, network, and spectrum utilization parameters
- Project development experience and demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer interface skills are needed, as is a demonstrated ability to interact with customer and contractor personnel in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Some travel
- Master's Degree or PhD in electrical engineering, communications, or systems engineering
- New business development experience
- Technical leadership experience for hardware and software development
- Experience in enterprise level satellite communications risk reduction testing, developmental testing and/or operational testing
- At least 12 years experience in space systems engineering development and acquisition
- Active Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
- Working knowledge of interoperability and standards; spectrum management; protocols and infrastructures; wireless communications and network design
- Knowledge of various SMC and NRO programs is important, especially classified systems, MILSATCOM, terminal program offices, MUOS, GPS, AFSCN and Launch Range
- Experience with protected satellite communications
- Experience with anti-jam designs and analysis
- Experience with RFP/acquisition documentation development and review
- Ability to lead and mentor team members
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Network, Electrical, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top