Communication Architectures and Spectrum Engineering Manager - VA
Requisition ID: 48041
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Communication Architectures Department performs trade studies, analyses, and simulations to optimize the overall communications performance of satellite, launch vehicle, and ground-based systems. We define, develop, and analyze robust communications architectures and develop communications analysis tools and prototypes of communications architectures. This effort includes evaluating the performance of alternative communications architectures with specific attention on communications parameters such as alternative modulation and coding combinations, RF band selection based upon propagation characteristics and spectrum considerations. Our multidisciplinary staff defines the architectures to ensure cutting edge, state of the art high-performance communications and coordinates the activities of related engineering specialties to ensure that mission objectives are achieved
We are seeking a Communication Architectures Section Manager who will lead the Communication Architectures and Spectrum Engineering Section of the Communication Architectures Department.
- Provide technical leadership and management oversight and to the Communications Architectures and Spectrum Section of the Communication Architectures Department / Communication and Network Architectures Subdivision
- Assist the Department Director in project management, staff development and department management with a focus in architectures and wireless space systems
- Interface with program offices, define tasks and schedules, build technical teams, and manage those teams
- Assist in acquiring and executing new business activities
- Recruit, hire, mentor, performance management, department resource management, and strategic planning
- Provide communication architectures support for SMC, NRO, Navy, NOAA, NASA, Civil & Commercial, and Nuclear Operations (NC3) program offices
- Represent spectrum management concerns, leveraging bicoastal expertise
- Travel to customer facilities
This position is located in The Aerospace Corporation Chantilly, VA office
This position requires a current and active Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information access
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong background in communication systems, architectures, and networks
- Demonstrated ability to optimize architectures based on analysis, system design, RF, modulation and coding and network parameters
- Project development experience and demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer interface skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with customer and contractor personnel in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Previous organizational management or mentorship experience
- Current and active Top Secret SCI clearance
- Ability to travel
- Master's Degree or PhD in electrical engineering, communications, or systems engineering from an accredited university
- Working knowledge of interoperability and standards; spectrum management; protocols and infrastructures; wireless communications and network design
- Knowledge of various SMC and NRO programs, especially MILSATCOM, PTS, terminal program offices, MUOS, GPS, AFSCN, Launch Range, and NC3
- Knowledge of commercial satellite systems
- Experience at Aerospace
- Management or technical leadership experience
- Experience with protected satellite communications
- Experience with RFP/acquisition documentation development and review
- Experience with anti-jam designs and analysis
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Electrical, Network, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top