Comm Architect & System Engineer
Requisition ID: 41024
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation has a long history of support to the NRO's Communications Directorate's architecture and acquisitions. The Infrastructure Services & Operations Directorate provides support to COMM's Architecture and Systems Engineering Office. We participate in developing and assessing the NRO's communication architecture and we assess impacts of emerging programs to the directorate. We are looking for a Comm Architect and Systems Engineer/Sr. Comm Architect and Systems Engineer to act as a technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or team leader for IS&O Directorate's communications' architectural & systems engineering efforts. In this position you may lead or organize interfaces between customers and Aerospace technical and management staff. The Comm Architect and Systems Engineer/Sr. Comm Architect and Systems Engineer evaluates impact to the NRO Communications Directorate of collection architectures and acquisitions and readiness milestones. Coordinates large-scale technical efforts across program/project lines. Mentors less experienced MTS and serves as role model.
- Assist in developing mission end-to-end data architectures
- Represents the customer's interests in Architecture Steering Group
- Assist in developing roadmaps, assessing schedules for realism or issues and giver/receiver interfaces
- Translate requirements into architectures or into communications services and participate in requirements verification for Comm Directorate readiness reviews
- Review and assess artifacts and acquisitions for impacts to the Communications Directorate
- Acts as senior mentor to team members, providing orientation, technical guidance and development insight.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, sciences, mathematics or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Current and active TS/SSBI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
For the Comm Architect and Systems Engineer:
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Experience in communications system engineering, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- A good understanding of systems architecting
- Exhibits exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and other contractors
For the Sr. Comm Architect and Systems Engineer, in addition to the above:
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Strong experience in communications systems engineering, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- Strong communications architecture experience, including prior application of this experience to the communications enterprise supporting national security space, ground, and processing systems
- An advanced degree in applicable engineering, science, mathematics or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Subject matter expertise across communications technologies, systems, and service domains to include,
- consolidated management
- data centers
- satellites and earth terminals
- Demonstrated ability to use corporate matrix capabilities
- Familiarity with the relevant customer program offices
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Architecture, R&D Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Developer, Engineering, Government, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top