Cloud Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 43762
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking applicants with a keen knowledge and interest in cloud systems and solutions focused on development using cutting-edge technologies.
The qualified candidate will be an Associate Member of Technical Staff in the Cloud Platforms & Architectures Department.
- Software development of applications (web and desktop) for various prototypes.
- Implementation of DevOps technologies to streamline development, building and deployments.
- Setup and configuration of various systems (Linux, Windows) and platforms to provide required server functionality and resilience for applications.
- Typical task-based environment with assignments that typically have specified objectives.
- Be part of a team that develops experiments with advanced software technologies (e.g. virtualization/cloud platforms, software technologies, etc.) to prove technology viability for specific application/system.
- Work in a fast-paced, feature-driven environment as a sole contributor or as part of a small team delivering features and products.
- Have an interest in learning new and cutting-edge technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field(s) from a recognized institution
- Minimum major GPA of 3.0 for the undergraduate degree
- 0-1 year of industry related experience
- Presentation skills to provide updates to management to ensure project development remains aligned with management/customer vision
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs technically and socially
- Software development experience (e.g. Java, Python, C/C++)
- Strong understanding of networking concepts including: Software Defined Networks (SDN), TCP/IP, IP Subnetting, Network Security Zones and Virtual Private Clouds
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Prior experience working in teams
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or other orchestration platforms
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with DevOps tools
- Interest in pursuing a graduate degree
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Cloud, Engineer, Developer, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top