Cloud Software Engineer/S. Cloud Software Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 55624
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for highly motivated Cloud Software Engineer / Sr. Cloud Software Engineer to serve as a senior technical advisor to the US Government. In this exciting opportunity the Cloud Software Engineer will advise the customer for designing and acquiring a state-of-the-art software platform supporting ground mission software applications and services for deployment into a hybrid cloud environment. The Cloud Software Engineer / Sr. Cloud Software Engineer will also support the evolution of the development of mission applications to leverage infrastructure and software service providers. The Cloud Software Engineer / Sr. Cloud Software Engineer will coordinate reach-back to Aerospace technical staff to bring industry-leading subject matter expertise to bear on critical customer needs.
- Serve as a senior advisor to the US Government in the architecture and development of a state-of-the-art software platform for hosting a diverse set of mission and business applications;
- Ensure the program office and developer teams fully exploit the capabilities of commercial cloud environments and Government provided software services offerings, in acquiring, designing, developing, and fielding Enterprise and Mission software solutions;
- Assist the US Government in engineering application and service modernization initiatives leveraging cloud capabilities. The engineering efforts may include areas such as cloud native software solutions, data centricity, edge/fog/mist architectures, continuous integration and continuous delivery, micro services architectures, machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI), etc.;
- Assist the US Government in developing requirements for features, availability, resiliency, and extensibility of services as new missions and applications use the platform; and,
- Proactively identify new technologies and commercially available capabilities for integration into the platform based on mission application needs.
In addition to the above, the Senior Cloud Software Engineer position will:
- Coordinate with enterprise and mission application stakeholders to ensure that user needs are properly understood and satisfied by the platform;
- Assist the US Government in formulating acquisition strategies for achieving its architectural vision and providing project oversight in support of acquisition execution; and,
- Participate in pre-solicitation efforts and source selections to help the government achieve best-value solutions from industry.
For a Cloud Software Engineer position the following are required:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Experience in the development, acquisition, or deployment of cloud-based software applications/services
- Familiarity with the systems engineering and software development lifecycles
- Current TS/SCI clearance with SSBI
- Exceptionally high level of innovation, creativity, and personal initiative
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Travel as necessary to support job requirements
- Ability to occasionally flex work schedule to accommodate deadlines
- Ability to solve complex problems and deliver impartial assessments to customers
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
In addition to the above, the Sr. Cloud Siftware Engineer position requires:
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Strong experience with the systems engineering and software development lifecycles
- Experience with US Government acquisition and systems engineering processes
- Experience working with software developers in a technical oversight role, such as supporting software release planning, quality assurance, deployment, or sustainment
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, mathematics or related field.
- Expertise in SIGINT, GEOINT, and/or applying machine learning / artificial intelligence to intelligence needs
- Expertise in agile-based software development and software architecture
- Knowledge of organizational change management models and initiatives
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Cloud, Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Security Clearance, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top