Cloud Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 45568
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace's Cyber Security Subdivision, based in Chantilly, VA, comprises a diverse set of highly respected engineers and scientists who provide cyber security/computer engineering support to space, ground and launch programs in the commercial, civil, and national security domains.
We are looking for a Cloud Ninja to perform the following duties:
- Participate in a wide range of Prototyping and Technology Laboratory activities to include:
- Develop software prototypes in a wide variety of mission areas to include command and control, mission planning & scheduling, and others;
- Integrate hardware and software to investigate new technology concepts
- Research emerging technologies including but not limited to cloud computing, cyber security and related areas like AI, analytics, and messaging, architecting
- Maintain technical excellence through participation in technology studies, system/software analyses, independent assessments, and research efforts.
- Contribute to team-based demonstrations of in-house developed prototypes/systems.
- Contribute to technical reports and other presentations to disseminate findings, guidance and technical information to as wide an audience as possible.
- Bring energy and passion for technology every day
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other engineering/technical degree.
- 2 or more years of professional experience in relevant cloud and software engineering
- Proficient in one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, Java, Python. Must be able to quickly learn new programming languages
- Experience and expertise in large team-based software development and familiar with all phases of software development
- A strong technical background and clearly demonstrated experience with current technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret/SCI clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work well collaboratively or independently, as each task requires.
- Must be able to adapt to a customer's evolving needs.
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other engineering/analytical degree
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Recent, clearly demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with research and development.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Cloud, Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Back to top