Cloud & Cyber Security Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 51241
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Responsible for assisting in the development, documentation and implementation of security policies, procedures, and secure configurations for cloud technologies. Will be a member of the Information Security team that is responsible for incident response, security assessments, risk mitigation programs, vulnerability scanning, identity and access management and integrating systems across the enterprise.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices
- Define and communicate enterprise information security plans, procedures, policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating new security systems, equipment, software, and other technologies
- Work closely with other departments within IT on corporate technology development to fully secure information, computer, network, and processing systems
- Provide guidance and policy regarding the administration of all computer security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including endpoint security, intrusion detection systems, and application whitelisting
- Provide input to security policies and practices in accordance with changes in federal acquisition law or various Aerospace contracts
- Participate in strategic security relationships between internal resources and external entities, including government, customers, vendors, and partner organizations
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies and policies
- Communicate effectively with senior management, peers, staff, and customers both inside and outside the corporation
- Where necessary, provide Tier 3 support to help troubleshoot complex issues and architect new solutions.
Required for Level III
- 6 or more years of relevant experience w/ Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field of study, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience securing cloud technologies and platforms including firewall configurations.
- Working knowledge of Windows & Linux operating systems.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing and developing IT security technologies
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including information security and authentication solutions.
Required for Level IV (all Level III qualifications plus items below)
- 8 or more years of relevant experience w/ Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field of study, OR equivalent experience
- Experience in planning, organizing and developing policies and standards
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management
- Ability to translate organizational goals and objectives into actionable implementation plans.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving security and business problems
- Experience with key cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes or other SaaS products.
- Solid knowledge of common IAM technical principles, theories, concepts, and tools.
- Seeks opportunities for process improvement, recommends improvements and contributes to solutions. Demonstrations of the personal initiative are highly regarded.
- Experience with specific IAM and Information security technologies: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), Single Sign-On, Federated Identity.
- Experience with software defined networking
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Cloud, Corporate Security, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Security, Technology
Back to top