Client Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 45371
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The role of the Client Engineering Manager is to serve as the focal point for all end-user device experiences within the Corporation. Your responsibilities will include overseeing the design, buildout, and management of efficient, supportable, end-user compute environments for Windows, Mac, and Mobile clients. You will manage a group of engineers responsible for implementation, administration, and management of client environments that enhance corporate client computing to meet business requirements.
- Manages and drives end-to-end process design, improvements, automation and management of the client engineering practice (e.g. Application Packaging/Deployment, Hardware Insertion, OS and Application Lifecycle Management, and Security frameworks)
- Leads projects that improve the client experience from discovery to benefit realization
- Manages 10,000+ device environment using enterprise client management tools
- Manages client configurations to support engineers and scientists performing research and development
- Participates in engineering architectural strategy, including technology standardization and modernization
- Acts as an ambassador and change agent to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Develops strategies to mitigate end-user issues at an enterprise level
- Ability to work in a high security environment supporting multiple closed networks
- Bachelor's degree or 8 or more years of increasing experience
- Proven experience coaching, providing direction, and motivating team members
- Hands-on experience in building enterprise level IT infrastructure and systems
- Firm understanding of configuration management and automation
- DOD Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain and maintain one
- Experience ensuring that service levels meet and/or exceed established standards
- Enterprise experience with management, administration, and implementation of client management environments: Ivanti (LANDesk), SCCM and InTune, VMware Workspace One (AirWatch)
- Experience with JAMF, Puppet or Munki management frameworks
- Familiar with macOS system provisioning and thin imaging (e.g. MDM, DEP, and ABM Apple Business Manager)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the development of operational procedures, processes, and scripts
- Experience with Modern Management for endpoints
- Experience in Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory
- Experience with PowerShell, Power CLI
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Experience with identifying and defining key metrics
- Understanding of Certificates and Authorities
- Experience with Enterprise Mobility Management
- Understanding of Agile and DevOp deployment methodologies
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering Manager, Laboratory, Engineering, Aviation, Science
Back to top