Battery Test Engineering Technician
Requisition ID: 44907
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Energy Technology Department's focus is to provide space and launch systems support including all cell and battery technologies. The department performs independent verification and validation of flight battery systems aboard spacecraft and launch vehicles. Our multidisciplinary staff provides technical oversight, research and development, satellite power system evaluation, acquisition, launch, and on-orbit operations. We provide laboratory capabilities and maintain strong links to the U.S. and international space battery community. In this role, you will be r esponsible for supporting the mechanical and electrical/electronic hardware engineering and development for spacecraft batteries, photovoltaic cells and power systems. You will also assist senior scientists and engineers in the research, testing and evaluation of spacecraft power hardware systems and associate components.
- Collaborates with engineers on laboratory testing
- Suggests appropriate materials, test equipment and techniques
- Refines test designs as needed
- Writes test procedures and equipment operational procedures to support existing and new lab tests or facilities
- Set-up, integrate and perform tests for batteries and solar cells using PC based automated test station systems
- Support the development of electro/mechanical hardware and software for new test capabilities
- Troubleshooting of electrical and/or software test systems
- Support senior staff in project design, research, analytical testing and evaluation as related to batteries, solar cells and their components
- Proficient in analog/digital circuit design and hardware layout for custom applications
- Properly maintain test set-ups and data acquisition requirements
- Follow general laboratory maintenance procedures and safety practices
- Associates degree in science or engineering with at least ten years of experience or twelve years of laboratory experience with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience performing circuit designs with their applications
- Experience with using laboratory instruments, power supplies, data acquisition systems and software programs for GPIB/USB automated test control equipment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a clearance
- Associate's Degree in engineerig or science related field
- Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout software programs
- Knowledge of programming languages (JAVA, Labview, C, C++, VB)
- Knowledge of Arduino micro-controller based hardware/sfotware inegration
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- Possible working with hazardous materials in a controlled laboratory environment.
- Certain laboratories may operate at a high noise level.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ELECTR MECH TECH STAF IV
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Test Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Back to top