Back-End Software Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Software Implementation And Integration Department. This group is responsible for full life cycle software engineering and architecture support to the Intelligence Community (IC) including:
- Leading and participating in agile software development.
- Providing software and system acquisition, architecting, and engineering expertise.
- Advising the customer on matters of policy, standards, and following best practices.
- Engaging in research, education, and technical community activities.
- Working closely with geographically dispersed staff to deliver solutions.
- Providing software engineering expertise at technical interchange meetings with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Providing software engineering support to extensive space and ground systems.
- Developing high performance software while following best practices.
- Supporting research and development efforts for software systems ranging from embedded systems all the way to cloud computing.
- Designing software infrastructure to support dataset management and automated testing.
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic partners.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required.
- 2 or more years of hands-on experience designing, writing, testing, and fielding software systems or web-based applications.
- 1 or more years of experience with object-oriented programming.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, GoLang, and/or C/C++.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and work in a team environment.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Strong background in SQL and/or NoSQL database management
- Prior participation in agile software development.
- Experience working with common cloud computing services such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top