Avionics Systems Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
CSG, a division of The Aerospace Corporation, brings engineering expertise and valued capabilities to NASA. In this Avionics Systems Engineer role, you will provide overall technical leadership for CSG support to NASA by providing engineering services in support of NASA's human space flight development and operations programs and activities. You will work collaboratively with NASA managers and staff as well as our Aerospace engineering and program development staff in establishing and executing Aerospace's role in supporting NASA's programs and projects.
- In support of NASA Marshall spaceflight projects, analyze launch vehicle or space vehicle avionics system design.
- Develop technical assessments and provide recommended improvements to avionics systems in Engineering Review Boards, Mission Assurance Councils, and/or Program Control Boards.
- Serve as primary POC to the NASA customer, and coordinate any required additional technical support with both the local Huntsville team and reach back subject matter experts in other company locations, primarily El Segundo CA.
- Significant experience in launch vehicle/space vehicle avionics systems engineering, design, development, analysis, integration, testing, and flight operations.
- Demonstrated ability to assess design drawings, processes, and procedures of avionics systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams during design, test, and evolution.
- Familiar with typical NASA milestones such as SRR, PDR, CDR, SDR, FRR, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with multiple launch vehicle systems (e.g. software, structures, thermal, propulsion, etc)
- Experience with human crewed vehicle avionics systems.
- Knowledge of EELV, NASA and SLS requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top