Avionics Systems Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Requisition ID: 53582
All Locations: Huntsville, AL (Alabama)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
CSG, a division of The Aerospace Corporation, brings engineering expertise and valued capabilities to NASA. In this Avionics Systems Engineer role, you will provide overall technical leadership for CSG support to NASA by providing engineering services in support of NASA's human space flight development and operations programs and activities. You will work collaboratively with NASA managers and staff as well as our Aerospace engineering and program development staff in establishing and executing Aerospace's role in supporting NASA's programs and projects.
- In support of NASA Marshall spaceflight projects, analyze launch vehicle or space vehicle avionics system design.
- Develop technical assessments and provide recommended improvements to avionics systems in Engineering Review Boards, Mission Assurance Councils, and/or Program Control Boards.
- Serve as primary POC to the NASA customer, and coordinate any required additional technical support with both the local Huntsville team and reachback subject matter experts in other company locations, primarily El Segundo CA.
- Significant experience in launch vehicle / space vehicle avionics systems engineering, design, development, analysis, integration, testing, and flight operations.
- Demonstrated ability to assess design drawings, processes, and procedures of avionics systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams during design, test, and evolution.
- Familiar with typical NASA milestones such as SRR, PDR, CDR, SDR, FRR, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with multiple launch vehicle systems (e.g. software, structures, thermal, propulsion, etc)
- Experience with human crewed vehicle avionics systems.
- Knowledge of EELV, NASA and SLS requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Huntsville
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Thermal Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
Back to top