Associate Systems Director, NNSA Defense Programs Mission Assurance
Requisition ID: 40866
All Locations: Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the U.S. Department of Energy is responsible for enhancing national security through the military application of nuclear science.
The NNSA maintains and enhances the safety, security, reliability and performance of the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile without nuclear testing; works to reduce global danger from weapons of mass destruction; provides the U.S. Navy with safe and effective nuclear propulsion; and responds to nuclear and radiological emergencies in the U.S. and abroad.
Aerospace provides in-line systems engineering support on key weapon system interfaces and working groups for weapons life extension programs, independent technical and programmatic assessments of complex systems and architectures, the development of systems engineering processes and practices, documentation, reporting and communication methods, development of risk management and requirements development processes, and performing independent technical and programmatic studies and reviews to inform decision makers.
• Lead and manage Aerospace technical support to NNSA Defense Programs independent systems engineering and integration for Life Extension Programs.
• Provide support to a geographically distributed Aerospace team located in Albuquerque NM, Hill AFB, and Barksdale AFB.
• Work with customers at NNSA Program Manager level, at the NNSA HQ, national laboratories and production sites, as well as other government stakeholders including the DOD.
• Contribute to and execute on plans for growth, adding value to NNSA through the application of technical and analytical capabilities, subject matter expertise and programmatic knowledge.
• Lead study planning, execution, review, and product delivery.
• Hire and mentor staff conduct performance reviews and performance management.
• Lead and oversee work execution and ensure quality and completeness of products.
• Maintain strong, customer-facing relationships. Represent the Aerospace corporation to customers at all working and management levels.
• A minimum twelve years of relevant technical, managerial, and systems engineering experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or equivalent technical fields.
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills in leading project teams, formulating task plans, ensuring product quality and effective interactions with customer contacts.
• Demonstrated technical credibility across a broad array of systems engineering topics.
• Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills.
• Ability to work in a self-motivated and directed manner on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues, in a customer field-office environment, is required.
• Current Top Secret clearance and be eligible for SCI and Q clearance.
• Some travel is required.
• Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) skills and capabilities.
• Knowledge of the nuclear weapons complex, the NNSA and Defense Programs.
• Familiarity with the National laboratories and the relationship to the NNSA is highly desired.
• Currently SCI and Q clearance.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ASSOC SYS DIR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Defense, Engineer, Secret Clearance, Security Clearance, Quality Assurance, Government, Engineering, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top