Associate Director - Software Architecture and Engineering Department
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an Associate Director for the Software Architecture and Engineering Department. This role will provides leadership, planning, and direction of technical office staff and operations. Assigns resources, determines staffing needs, and coordinates activities and operations among subordinate units.Communicates and coordinates activities to counterpart organizations, management, and customers.
- Leads and manages the Software Architecture and Engineering Department (SAED), to include hiring, staffing projects, employee development, performance management, determination of salary actions, and management of capital and overhead budgets.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction to the department in the achievement of department, division, and corporate goals, enhancing technical staffskills, expanding capabilities of labs, and cultivating customer engagements
- Manage and guide the staff's careers to include succession planning and mentoring.
- Provide softwaredevelopment and engineering expertise for software and systems for DoD, Civil, Commercial, and IC software enterprises.
- Expand software engineering techniques to the enterprise level and work to improve skill-sets in software architecture
- Explore the need and possible growth data architecture and architecture modeling
- Work with Aerospace program offices to ensure deliveries align with expectations andthat skill sets are appropriate for the task.
- Cultivate and expand existing service offeringsfor the department that can be used by the program offices; identify and create new service offerings as opportunities arise.
- Ensure that staff's work products are of expected quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical field of study
- Strong technical leadership skills
- 10 or more years of experience in software development
- 4 or moreyears of experience in leadership capacity
- A demonstrated track record of technical leadership and delivering results
- A strong technical background and a clearly demonstrated expertise in software architecture or softwareengineering.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to tactfully advise decision makers
- A commitment to delivering on organizational goals
- ActiveTop Secret/SCI security clearance
- An advanced degree in Computer Scienceor Business
- A broad technical background and clearly demonstrated expertise in software engineering: examples includesoftware architecture, Agile software development,programming, database design andweb services development.
- Experience developing mission critical systems, working with multi-disciplined teams, and large-scale software intensive systems.
- Experience across the entire software lifecycle, from inception, through design, construction, testing and deployment.
- Experience working in a program offices
- Previous experience managing highly skilled, technical professionals
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top