Associate Director for Enterprise Systems Engineering
Requisition ID: 40783
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for an Associate Systems Director for the Enterprise Mission Engineering Department. The Associate Systems Director will be responsible for assisting the Systems Director in the leadership and management of the Enterprise Systems Engineering Department within the Systems Engineering & Launch Division (SELD). SELD provides end-to-end systems engineering and enterprise integration of the customer's space and ground programs. This position would manage support to the customer's Office of Mission Engineering, which establishes the requirements baseline and initial identification and scoping of the customer's new capabilities, and the customer's Mission Assurance Executive, which coordinates and monitors Mission Assurance and Industrial Base efforts across the enterprise.
- Provide systems engineering management support to the customer's Mission Assurance Executive that ensures the disciplined application of proven scientific, engineering, quality, and program management principles toward the goal of achieving mission success and the Office of Mission Engineering responsible for the baselining of requirements and artifacts of major enterprise systems
- Assist with establishing goals and objectives, and assigning tasks and responsibilities for enterprise level mission assurance support including maintenance of the government's Mission Assurance Baseline and mission assurance standards
- Assist the Director in hiring, budgeting, development and communication of technical objectives for the department; assuring the quality and timeliness of all technical products; staffing and personnel actions; budgetary and staff allocations and assuring adherence to all applicable security and safety procedures
- Interface with all of the government's major systems acquisition and will provide technical support on space industrial base issues on topics such as supply chain management and mission assurance
- Assist in leading Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), coordinating and supporting the associated interagency coordination forums and undertaking special technical and engineering activities
- Investigate and assess enterprise and system approaches, especially the realization of enterprise capabilities and their interdependencies
- Identify tasks and provide oversight of studies and analyses to be performed by Aerospace's Engineering Matrix Support
- Support teams of Government, Aerospace Matrixed Engineering Support, and SETA personnel and work with directorates and offices across the government organization
- Interact with customer counterparts and apply systems engineering expertise in support of requirements, interface development and leading the government's parts, material & process advisory activities
- Develop briefings and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organizations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Math or other related field from a recognized institution
- Current or active TS/SSBI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Minimum 12 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with systems engineering including requirements and interface development, risk management, mission assurance, independent technical assessments, trade study analysis, and system readiness activities
- Familiarity with Government and Aerospace standards, operations and business processes
- Familiarity with current and planned national security space and ground systems
- Proven capability of working with and leading in a team environment with demonstrated abilities to build effective relationships with customers
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work in integrated Government/FFRDC/SETA teams
- Occasional Domestic Travel
- An advanced degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Direct support to the government in a program office
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience in architecture assessments, integrated schedule assessment, mission assurance, validation, verification and transition to operations
- Project Management and/or Matrix Management experience
- Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering Support capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing Aerospace Engineering Support
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast pace environment and complete tasks on short timelines
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ASSOC SYS DIR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Systems Engineer, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Government, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top