Associate Director - Digital & Integrated Circuit Electronics Department
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Manages and directs resources and overall operations of a technical organization to ensure program continuity from concept design through development, deployment, and operation and to provide adequacy of support to the customer organization. Manages organizational planning, staffing, and performance. Acts as key interface between the department and sister engineering organizations, program office management, customer management, and senior corporate management. Communicates and coordinates activities to counterpart organizations, management, and customers.
The Digital and Integrated Circuit Electronics Department supports the design, modeling, simulation, verification, analysis/test for microelectronics and digital electronic boards, boxes, subsystems and systems for civil, commercial, and national space systems. Our activities include: digital architecture definition and assessment; digital circuit card design; assembly and interface simulation, analysis and test; and design and verification of digital/mixed signal ASICs and FPGAs.
- Maintain department focus on digital architecture concepts, CCA/ box/ subsystem design, design and verification of ASICs and FPGAs; and provide coordinated positions on key issues as needed
- Develop strategic direction to maintain and increase department's impact to all customers including identifying opportunities for business expansion
- Develop inter and intra-organizational technical teams
- Identify, coordinate, and assign work activities within the department, monitor workloads, work progress, schedules, and ensure responsiveness to customer needs
- Foster a harmonious environment of teamwork and develop/grow the department staff by providing mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Provide leadership for the department for strategic and budget planning, workforce planning, recruiting and staffing, succession planning, personnel development, and customer relationships
- Anticipate customer's future needs, understand their problems, and develop novel solutions
- Develop and maintain an agile work force to ensure timely support to all customer programs
- Recommend improvements to existing corporate policies, practices and procedures, and execute recommended improvements
- Current and active Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information access Secret/SCI government clearance
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering or another related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in acquisition, design, analyses and verification with one or more of the following:
- Digital Architecture
- Digital Hardware
- ASICs and FPGAs
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills for interactions at all levels
- Ability to support moderate travel, as needed
- Current and active Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information access TS/SCI government clearance
- Hands-on experience acquiring digital/ microelectronic hardware from both technical and programmatic perspectives
- In-depth understanding of signal integrity, high-speed digital design, ASIC/FPGA design
- Demonstrated ability to manage remote staff
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and contractor community
- Demonstrated management skills across budget, staff development, planning, and customer interfacing
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering or another related discipline
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top