- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 50701
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Are you looking for a dynamic work environment, where you can contribute to multiple projects and get big picture perspective on the changing space landscape? Do you enjoy being a jack-of-all trades and building your tool-box to span the areas of test and measurement, simulation and modeling, and prototyping and concept design?
We want you to join our team which specializes in antenna systems, especially if you are motivated to develop your skill-set and then push outside your lane. Come help us build a culture where we answer our customer's problems not with a "No", but a "Yes if..."
- Participate in antenna design, simulation, fabrication, and measurement tasks.
- Build expertise in phased arrays, reflector antennas, antennas for cubesats, and ground terminals.
- Utilize RF and microwave test equipment to characterize antennas.
- Make measurements using far-field, near-field, and compact antenna ranges.
- Help build new antenna range capabilities and develop code for automation and data processing.
- Reconfigure antenna ranges for specialized tests.
- Simulate antennas to evaluate performance or to aid in the design process.
- Provide independent technical evaluations and recommendations to program offices and government customers.
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or another related field.
- At least two years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and other microwave and RF test equipment.
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Ansys Electronics Desktop (HFSS), Ticra GRASP, CST Microwave Studio or another similar tool.
- Experience with mathematical tools such as MATLAB or PYTHON.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to deliver concise, key messages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with different types of people and personalities.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. (US citizenship required).
- Experience with antenna measurement and design.
- Current and active SCI government access.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Laboratory, Engineering, Science
Back to top