Antenna Concept Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 51743
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Are you looking for a dynamic work environment, where you can contribute to multiple projects and get big picture perspective on the changing space landscape? Do you enjoy being a jack-of-all trades and applying your tool-box to the tough problems that span the areas of test and measurement, simulation and modeling, and prototyping and concept design?
We want you to join our team which specializes in antenna systems, especially if you are ready to take the lead and push outside your lane, Come help us build a culture where we answer our customer's problems not with a "No", but a "Yes if..."
- Interface independently and directly with government customers and program offices to provide technical evaluations and recommendations.
- Evaluate technical challenges and propose simulation, test and measurement, or analysis activities to provide risk mitigation and innovative solutions.
- Explain complex technical issues to a variety of audiences, including experts and non-experts
- Provide expertise in multiple types of antenna technologies including phased arrays, reflector antennas, wide-band antennas, antennas for cubesats, and ground terminals.
- Work with and lead multi-disciplinary teams to develop concepts for next-generation space systems.
- Develop and lead tests to characterize antennas for anomaly resolution, proof-of-concept designs, and integrated performance assessments.
- Perform or lead antenna simulation and analysis to evaluate performance or to aid in the design process.
- Propose and manage internal research projects.
- Mentor junior team members in antenna test and design.
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Senior Member of Technical Staff or Engineering Specialist
- Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or another related field.
- At least five years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with RF and antenna test and measurements and/or design.
- Expertise with antenna simulation tools such as Ansys Electronics Desktop (HFSS), Ticra GRASP, and CST Microwave Studio.
- Experience with mathematical tools such as MATLAB or PYTHON.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to deliver concise, key messages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work and lead different types of people and personalities.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the United States Government. (US citizenship required).
Required for consideration as an Engineering Specialist (In Addition)
- At least eight years of relevant engineering experience.
- Extensive experience with RF and antenna test and measurements and/or design.
- Ability to develop and lead tests to characterize antennas for anomaly resolution, proof-of-concept designs, and integrated performance assessments.
- Ability to perform or lead antenna simulation and analysis to evaluate performance or to aid in the design process.
- Experience with proposing and managing internal research projects.
- Expertise in multiple types of antenna technologies including phased arrays, reflector antennas, wide-band antennas, antennas for cubesats, and ground terminals.
- Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or another related field from an accredited university.
- Current and active SCI government access.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top