AI Quality Assurance Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 53303
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an AI Quality Assurance Engineer in our Software System Quality and Analysis Department. This department provides software and system engineering expertise for the Intelligence Community, DOD, civil and commercial customers, which contributes to 100% mission success.
- Full life cycle software engineering and software quality assessment support to the Intelligence Community (IC) and/or the Department of Defense (DOD) for intensive space and ground systems
- Create innovative solutions focused on increasing quality and robustness of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence systems
- Provide Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence expertise at technical exchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel
- Prototype and develop custom software solutions for testing Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence components for assurance within complex systems and systems-of-systems
- Leading studies, mentoring junior personnel
- Work with integrated centers across geographically dispersed offices to provide on time deliveries of milestone critical solutions / deliverables
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Engineering concentrations to include Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems Technology or other technical area of study
- 12 or more years of professional data science, software engineering, or software testing experience
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills with ability to mentor junior level team members
- Proficiency in artificial intelligence software tools (Python, C++, Java)
- Strong experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence tools and techniques
- Active or former security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/ SCI clearance, issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Master's or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, artificial intelligence, or another analytical field
- Detailed understanding of the mathematical underpinnings of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms
- Experience with cloud-based artificial intelligence and machine learning tools (Amazon Sagemaker, Tensorflow, etc...)
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with SSBI
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, QA Engineer, Engineer, Quality Assurance, Electrical, Engineering, Technology
Back to top