Agile Software Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 40757
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Posting is for MILSATCOM division program office position within the Ground Systems department. Individual will be a team member of the Protected Tactical Enterprise System (PTES) integrated product team. Initial duties will include supporting the development of a Government software development capability within a DISA CDC and preparing for a new program startup as part of a stay behind team during a source selection.
The selected candidate will be demonstrate willingness to learn new approaches and mentor others. They will possess excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills. They will also have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Working with Government, Aerospace, SETA and other FFRDC personnel to monitor contractor performance, identify technical and performance risks and oversee their mitigation.
- Applying skills and adaptability in various software systems engineering areas including agile software development, software acquisition guidance, software architectures, and enterprise systems.
- Participating in acquisition document working groups, development and review of technical specifications, review of contractor submitted documents for technical accuracy and completeness, and identifying and mitigating program risk. Collaboration with Aerospace Engineering Technology Group to support reviews and analyses. Oversight of prioritized features/tasks for product and working closely with the contractors to ensure goals are met.
- Participating in day-to-day technical activities and task accomplishments with contractors.
- Providing expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings to Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Providing status to the Air Force customer and interacting with other Integrated Product Teams as needed.
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline
- 7 or more years of relevant scientific/engineering experience that includes experience in large and complex systems or related
- 2 or more years of hands-on experience in Agile software development or Agile project management
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Current secret clearance
- Ability to lead tasks and to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Agile certification
- Hardware and software integration experience
- Experience in cloud computing and networking
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Cloud, Technology, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top