Agile Acquisition Engineer
Requisition ID: 46900
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for experienced software system engineers and software acquisition experts to join our growing Software Systems and Acquisition Department. Our national security space customers need your help to acquire cutting-edge software capabilities to adapt to the evolving technology landscape!
- Providing expertise in rapid iterative and incremental software development approaches (such as Agile, Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework, Lean Software Development, and DevOps) and assisting customers in applying these techniques toward mission success.
- Applying skills and adaptability in various areas including, but not limited to, Agile transformation; software development; software acquisition guidance; enterprise systems; and/or other related areas.
- Supporting acquisition of software-reliant systems to include development of acquisition strategies, creation of concepts of operation, creation of request for proposal packages, and participation in source selections
- Providing software systems engineering expertise to support effective management of large, software-reliant programs from pre-acquisition planning through source selection, design reviews, and integration and test
- Participating in engineering studies such as software requirements development and flow; verification, and validation; readiness reviews; risk management; technology planning and insertion; performance assessments; and/or market research
- Supporting development of enterprise software strategies and architectures
- Researching challenge problems, testing hypotheses, prototyping new approaches, and/or proving concepts
- Preparing technical reports and presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and technical information to a wide audience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- 12 or more years of significant experience in the development of complex, software-reliant systems
- 6 or more years of hands-on experience in Agile/DevOps software development or Agile project management
- Experience leading technical teams and/or mentoring junior personnel
- Knowledge of Agile/DevOps software development techniques, and/or cloud technologies
- Technical background in software engineering across the lifecycle from inception through design, construction, testing, and deployment
- Experience in at least two of the following: software acquisition, software processes & metrics, software assurance, and/or software process improvement
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with one or more SDLC models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups
- Manage multiple simultaneous tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- Active or recent Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain TS/SSBI and SCI access
- Experience working toward the acquisition of software-reliant systems (as an acquirer or a supplier)
- Experience on critical, large scale, large team software-reliant systems for space
- Knowledge of the space enterprise
- Knowledge of government acquisition processes
- Current certification in one or more relevant technologies (e.g., Scrum Master, Product Owner, Cloud Practitioner, etc.) with corresponding experience
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government
Back to top