Agile Acquisition Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for experienced software system engineers and software acquisition experts to join our growing Software Systems and Acquisition Department. Our national security space customers need your help to acquire cutting-edge software capabilities to adapt to the evolving technology landscape!
Successful candidates will assist customers with these types of engineering functions:
- Providing expertise in rapid iterative and incremental software development approaches (such as Agile, Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework, Lean Software Development, and DevSecOps) and assisting customers in applying these techniques toward mission success.
- Applying skills and adaptability in various areas including, but not limited to, Agile transformation; software development; software acquisition guidance; enterprise systems; and other related areas.
- Supporting acquisition of software-reliant systems to include development of acquisition strategies, creation of concepts of operation, creation of request for proposal packages, and participation in source selections
- Providing software systems engineering expertise to support effective management of large, software-reliant programs from pre-acquisition planning through source selection, design reviews, and integration and test
- Participating in engineering studies such as software requirements development and flow; verification and validation; readiness reviews; risk management; technology planning and insertion; performance assessments; and/or market research
- Supporting development of Agile enterprise software strategies and architectures
- Researching challenge problems, testing hypotheses, prototyping new approaches, and/or proving concepts
- Preparing technical reports and presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and technical information to a wide audience
This position is located in El Segundo, CA. Local and/or overnight travel to other sites is required.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- 8 or more years of significant experience in the development of complex, software-reliant systems
- 3 or more years hands-on experience in Agile/DevOps software development or Agile project management
- Demonstrated high levels of innovation, creativity, and initiative
- Demonstrated technical background in software engineering across the lifecycle from inception through design, construction, testing, and deployment
- Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following: software acquisition, software processes & metrics, and/or software assurance, software process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with one or more SDLC models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups
- Active or recent Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret/SSBI security clearance and SCI access.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience working toward the acquisition of software-reliant systems (as an acquirer or a supplier)
- Demonstrated experience on critical, large scale, large team software-reliant systems for space
- Demonstrated knowledge of the space enterprise
- Demonstrated knowledge of government acquisition processes
- Training and/or current certification in one or more relevant technologies (e.g., Scrum Master, Product Owner, Cloud Practitioner, Scaled Agile Framework, etc.) with corresponding experience
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top