AFNWC Nuclear Red Team (Aircraft) Senior Project Engineer
Requisition ID: 45498
All Locations: Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Nuclear Operations Directorate is seeking a Senior Project Engineer/Leader to provide technical engineering support to the US Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center at Albuquerque, NM. The specific work would include providing technical support/integration to the Red Team Aircraft (B-2, B-52, B-21, etc.) and Air Delivered (Long Range Stand-Off (LRSO) Portfolios. The successful candidate will be required to interface directly with senior military and US Government civilian leadership in the Nuclear Technology and Interagency Directorate (AFNWC/NT) to support the development and execution of the overall integrated Aircraft Red Team strategy. The candidate would do this from both a red teaming perspective and a nuclear effects perspective. Other responsibilities would include forming, leading, and executing both Government Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Aerospace study and analysis teams.
- Lead technical integration of the Nuclear Red Team Aircraft and Air Delivered Portfolios
- Lead Government IPTs in support of the Nuclear Technology and Interagency Directorate AFNWC/NT at the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center
- Vulnerability identification
- Ability to exploit vulnerabilities and to identify mitigation techniques
- Ability to prioritize mitigation techniques based on mission goals
- Perform Risk assessments
- Support development and validation of system requirements
- Support review and analysis of contractor deliveries
- Provide input to the system acquisition process
- Work with AFNWC/NTX to identify key tasks, analyses, and studies to be performed by Aerospace's Engineering and Technology Group (ETG)
- Support teams of Government, Aerospace (including ETG), and SETA personnel and work with directorates and offices across the government organization
- Develop briefings and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organization
- Manage STE allocation budget and schedule execution for assigned activities
- Up to 30% travel may be required to US domestic locations
- A current TS/SCI clearance is required (successful candidate must be able to obtain SAP clearances)
- Operational flight experience
- Previous experience supporting acquisition and operation of strategic weapons systems
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in integrated Government/FFRDC/SETA teams
- Ability to interact directly with senior Government management and to work autonomously in a program office environment.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast pace environment and complete tasks on short timelines
- Demonstrated engineering and technical leadership, including identifying issues, concerns, establishing resolution approaches, etc.
- Strategic weapons delivery flight experience
- Strategic programs planning and development experience
- Knowledge of Aerospace ETG capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing ETG support
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, ERP, Nuclear Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Back to top