AFNWC Engineering Threat Analyst, Project West Wing
Requisition ID: 40256
All Locations: Kirtland AFB, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Strategic and Global Awareness Directorate (Project West Wing) provides technical intelligence analysis and research for a broad range of national security and Intelligence Community customers. The Space and Global Security (SGS) team provides unique, timely and independent assessment and counsel on current and future threats to the use of space and space-enabled capabilities as well as national strategic systems.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive awareness and understanding of current and developing threats to current and future U.S. strategic deterrence systems, and their enabling launch and ground-, air- and space-based elements. Focus on specific threat domains including but not limited to: electronic warfare; cyber/spacecyber; navwar; directed energy weapons; orbital and ground-based kinetic energy weapons; supply chain; sabotage; signals intercept; nuclear; conventional; and non-conventional threats throughout the world.
- Identify and address the general intelligence, space and non-space threat needs of the Nuclear Operations Directorate in support of the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center and other customers.
- Proactively identify and articulate key threat issues and their impact on customer concerns and requirements; advocate for research to address key national security, Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD), and counterspace threat issues at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Integrate foundational science and engineering knowledge and practice of non-threat disciplines such as physics, space domain awareness, propulsion, and system engineering with intelligence analytics to provide tailored threat assessments to customers.
- Collaborate with other Project West Wing technical staff as well as reach back to Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group staff to provide comprehensive perspectives and capabilities over a wide breath of threat and intelligence concerns. Engage with Aerospace and government personnel at various levels.
- Build and maintain relationships with other Intelligence Community, national security space and nuclear deterrence organizations, facilitate the exchange of information and analysis, and maintain and enhance products and processes for preparing those products.
- Gather, assimilate, process and analyze a wide spectrum of open and classified sources of data and information, draw conclusions and extrapolate from the available information answers to both specific and general scientific and technical threat intelligence questions.
- Prepare written technical memos, reports and briefings; present results to other Aerospace organizations and government customers as required.
- Assist in identifying and acquiring (as well as occasionally developing) needed analytical tools.
- Travel as required to contractor locations, government facilities, and other Aerospace offices.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. An advanced degree in an appropriate engineering discipline is desirable.
- Eight or more years of experience in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline is required. Significant exposure to the Intelligence Community, and the national security space and/or nuclear deterrence communities is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
- Strong demonstrated written and oral communication skills including the ability to quickly develop deliverable and on-demand products.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal and working relationships with various levels of corporate staff, peers, management, program offices, customers, and contractors.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong technical leadership skills, with proven ability to work with and build teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and independently without management supervision in close proximity.
- The ability to travel is required.This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Current Top Secret clearance and SCI access is required.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Laboratory, Engineering, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top