Aerospace Systems Project Leader
Requisition ID: 45325
All Locations: Hill AFB, UT (Utah)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Utah Information Systems Office provides rapid, broad, on-site technical support to customers located at Hill Air Force Base, in addition to customers spanning the entirety of the government space systems enterprise and the commercial space sector. We are seeking a talented project leader to join our growing team in supporting these critical national security space customers.
- Provide broad technical support, and systems engineering and architecting expertise to the government space systems enterprise, and the commercial space sector
- Conduct studies and analyses of space and ICBM systems
- Serve as the principal technical representative to government customers
- Lead the planning and development of studies and projects
- Assist department management in strategic organizational development
- Assist department management in the acquisition and execution of new business in the government and commercial sectors
- Engage with senior corporate and customer leaders
- Propose and participate in the execution of novel solutions to corporate strategic initiatives
- Serve as a mentor to junior staff
- Master's degree or higher in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, systems engineering, or related field(s)
- Twelve or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering and/or program management experience
- Proven ability to effectively lead teams
- Proven technical agility to adapt to a wide array of customers and technical disciplines
- Proven ability to effectively engage with internal and external customers in order to operate in a highly collaborative environment with multiple customers and industry partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance or current (
- Coursework or experience relevant to launch vehicles, spacecraft, or missile systems (e.g. dynamics, control systems, guidance, modeling & simulation, structures, propulsion, avionics, software)
- Coursework or experience in systems engineering
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and associated tools (e.g. Cameo Systems Modeler)
- Working knowledge of C/C++, or other modern programming languages
- Other favorable attributes include the following:
- Independent problem solving ability
- Creative thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Sound decision making
- Proclivity toward mentorship
- Ability to multitask
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segment: Aerospace, Engineer, Electrical, Information Systems, Security Clearance, Aviation, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top