Administrative Specialist III, Project West Wing
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 55303
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Strategic and Global Awareness (SGA) Directorate (Project West Wing) conducts technical intelligence analysis and research for a broad range of national security space and intelligence community customers. SGA is a key leader in corporate efforts to help the U.S. space enterprise outpace threats to our space systems.
The Administrative Specialist III, PWW will actively contribute to a high-performing team working in the fast-moving field of national security space. Organize and execute the activities of the Directorate by working directly with the Principal Director to facilitate and support the technical work of the staff. Responsible for enhancing the Principal Director's effectiveness and ensuring the Directorate office functions efficiently. Perform critical office functions such as arranging meetings and conferences; planning travel; receiving, referring, or answering mail; orchestrating schedules of Directorate leadership; fielding callers and making proper referrals. Review drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answer questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. Gather, compile and report on information relevant to supervisor's assignment. Demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Prepares and formats reports, memos, correspondence and forms.
- Assists employees with travel arrangements including transportation and hotel accommodations. Processes travel expense reports in a timely manner.
- Prepares purchase requisitions following through approval process and delivery of material.
- Schedules meetings and reserves conference rooms. Coordinates and supports certain meetings including obtaining clearances and badges for visitors. Sets up conference rooms and arranges necessary media. Prepares briefing charts and other written materials for meetings as requested.
- Orders office supplies. Monitors printers and copiers for supplies and maintenance.
- May organize, provide, and coordinate incoming and outcoming mail and shipments.
- May provide back-up to higher level administrative support.
- Interacts with corporate management, various levels of internal management, as well as government, contractor, and other high-level customers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Typing and proofreading skills
- Customer service orientation
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to represent the company favorably to customers and visitors
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Must have a Top Secret clearance and be eligible for SCI access. Current TS/SCI strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 or more years of relevant experience
- 10 or more years of relevant experience with High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of corporate policies, practices
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Security Clearance, Laboratory, Aerospace, Secret Clearance, Quality Assurance, Government, Science, Aviation, Technology
Back to top