Administrative Specialist III
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 56261
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for an Administrative Specialist to provide day-to-day support to the west coast branch of Directorate H, within The Aerospace Corporation located in El Segundo, CA. As a member of the larger Electronic Programs Division (EPD) administrative support team, you will provide direct support to the 14 staff members and line management and back up support to other sub-divisions within the National Systems Group (NSG).
- Assist EPD employees with travel arrangements and process travel as well as other expense reports
- Schedule meetings and reserve conference rooms
- Coordinate campus visits, compile and submit to security list of staff needing visit clearances at various contractor facilities, and reserve office spaces and arrange necessary media
- Develop and maintain shared resources in SharePoint
- Interface with facilities, security and information systems by generating move requests as members of the staff hire in or transition out of the organization
- Generate and maintain inventory of organization's key equipment (printers, workstations, projectors, etc.) and schedule maintenance as needed
- Prepare purchase requisitions following through approval process and delivery of material as well as ordering office supplies
- Assist management in the dissemination of important administrative reminders (e.g., mandatory courses, timecard compliance, activity reports, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint and Skype
- Experience with travel coordination
- Experience maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team/collaborative environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of corporate policies, practices, travel and procurement
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Experience with foreign and domestic travel coordination
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Information Systems, Security Clearance, Laboratory, Aerospace, Technology, Government, Science, Aviation
Back to top