Administrative Specialist III
Requisition ID: 46938
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Architecture and Design Subdivision is a highly dynamic systems engineering organization of over 100 individuals, spanning six geographic locations, and supporting all major endeavors of the nation's space enterprise, including the US Air Force, the National Reconnaissance Office, NASA, the Space Development Agency, and others. As the principal member of the subdivision's administrative team, the selected candidate will provide administrative support to the subdivision and its leadership. This includes making travel arrangements, processing expense reports, preparing documents, compiling reports, organizing subdivision, and departmental functions and maintaining SharePoint and Aerolink databases. Ideal for a self-starter who can work both independently and on teams, and who thrives in a highly dynamic environment.
- Maintain the organizational heartbeat - ensure that weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports are complete and on time; track employee time-keeping and other corporate compliance activities; organize and support all-hands meetings, off-sites, employee and corporate celebrations, and other functions
- Keep the travelers traveling - prepare travel requests and expense reports; arrange and track travel for subdivision leadership and staff at many levels
- Use technology to keep the team connected - develop and maintain shared resources including SharePoint and Aerolink (Aerospace's instantiation of LiveLink); schedule and establish audio-visual connections across diverse locations and time zones, including Skype
- Collaborate at multiple levels - work with the support team and assistants locally and across the country; this includes supporting higher-level organization efforts (division, group, corporation) as well as cross-organizational efforts
- Varied administrative and office support work - expert-level use of Microsoft Office applications; learn and share knowledge of new tools as they are introduced; prepare and maintain purchase order requests
- Perform duties with tact and discretion - handle confidential and personnel information appropriately; support sensitive management functions; coordinate and oversee security procedures
- High School Diploma
- Expert-level user in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Skype, Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Ability to learn and share knowledge of new tools as they are introduced
- Experience with domestic travel coordination
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Ability to think and plan ahead while managing real-time changes and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team/collaborative environment
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside of the company
- Positive, proactive and able to have fun at work and help others do the same
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in SAP and SAP Business Warehouse
- Familiarity with Aerospace customers
- Current Secret or Top Secret/SCI clearance
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ADMINISTRATIVE SPEC III
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Developer, Security Clearance, SAP, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top