Requisition ID: 41428
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are currently seeking an Administrative Specialist to support the Systems and Operations Assurance Department in our El Segundo, California location. Primary duties comprise effective administration of a technical organization.
- Performing general office functions such as setting up and maintaining files (hard copy and electronic)
- Arranging meetings/conferences; receiving, referring, and answering mail
- Arranging travel reservations and preparing expense reports for department staff
- Typing/editing documents for appropriate grammatical usage
- Answer questions related to office operations and established policies/procedures
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, and Commitment to Our People, Integrity, and Objectivity
- The ideal candidate will be ready to learn new processes and technologies, work well in a team environment, have excellent communication skills, and be able to manage and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- A.S. Degree in Office Administration, English, Liberal Arts, or completion of an equivalent certification program
- Three (3) years of experience with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Office 365 collaborative and sharing tools such as SharePoint
- Customer service orientation; ability to represent the company favorably to customers and visitors
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects while working efficiently under schedule deadlines
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong attention to detail with effective organizational skills
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team/collaborative environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in WordPress or similar application for creating web pages
- Knowledge of corporate policies, practices, travel and procurement
- Proficiency in business management software applications for time recording, travel, purchasing, document publishing tool, etc.
- Current DoD Secret clearance
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ADMINISTRATIVE SPEC II
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Laboratory, Aerospace, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Technology, Science, Aviation, Operations
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top